Purpose of the Alliance
The purpose of the Sustainable Aviation Fuel Alliance of Australia and New Zealand (the Alliance) is to create a collaborative environment to advance sustainable aviation fuel production, policy, education and marketing in Australia and New Zealand. In order to accelerate:
- the development of a new industry in Australia and New Zealand that will create jobs and benefits for the Australian and New Zealand economy
- the availability of a commercially viable and environmentally sustainable supply of low carbon fuels for aviation in Australia and New Zealand
- the implementation of the right environment (policy settings, market incentives etc) in order for the sustainable aviation fuel industry to become successful
Objectives of the Alliance
- Advise the national, state and local Governments on barriers to the development of sustainable aviation fuel production in Australia and New Zealand
- Advise Government Members and Senators on potential policy solutions to accelerate the industry
- Release joint collaborative statements to support the development of the industry
- Share and collaborate on campaigns to support the development of the Industry
- Facilitate ongoing network development and communication within the industry
Membership of the Alliance is granted on an invitation only basis to individuals and organisations meeting the following criteria:
- Australian and New Zealand Airlines
- Australian and New Zealand Airports (existing and planned)
- Aviation Industry suppliers (aircraft manufacturers and technology developers)
- Domestic and international aviation fuel producers and distributers with a public strategy supporting the development of a sustainable aviation fuel
- Sustainable aviation fuel producers distributing fuel at commercial scale domestically or internationally
- Australian and New Zealand Research organisations with an interest in Sustainable Aviation Fuel
- Australian and New Zealand Non profit/Industry associations with an interest in developing a Sustainable Aviation Fuel industry in Australia and New Zealand
- Members must act in the interest of the Alliance and its stated purpose and objectives. Failure to do so may result in membership of the Alliance being revoked.
Government attendance at alliance
- Commonwealth and State Government Departments and agencies with an interest in developing a Sustainable Aviation Fuel industry in Australia and New Zealand will be provided with the opportunity to attend meetings as observers and or be briefed by the Alliance.
- To facilitate its work the Alliance is to hold face-to-face or teleconference meetings at least 4 times a year
- Meeting agendas are to be set by the Chair in consultation with the alliance members
- The Chair will be elected by the members of the Alliance annually and ratified by the BA Board
- The minutes of a teleconferences and face-to-face meetings should contain only decisions, recommendations and actions
- Administration support will be provided by Bioenergy Australia.
More information and suggested reading on Sustainable Aviation Fuel is available here.